The guidelines must be followed carefully. The instructions are always available in a box on how to use the thermometer. It has a manufacturer’s instructions that fully provide its proper use.
Before getting the patient’s temperature, make sure:
- The forehead is clean, dry, and has no obstruction.
- Let the person cool down after staying outside in warm weather or a very cool environment.
- A person’s temperature should not be affected by warm/thick clothing and any hardcovers.
- The face should not undergo water rinse, facial wipes.
- Do not touch or block the front of the thermometer.
- Don’t get too close to the person.
- Hold it at a 90 degrees angle that focuses on the human head.
How to clean it?
We can clean the Infrared thermometer with a towel and a disinfectant liquid to remove bacteria. It should not be submerged in water, soaked in strong soap, and attached to magnets.